In-Person STEAM Workshops
June 27- July 1
–WEEKDAYS 2pm to 4pm-
. . .
This workshop is for students 10-14 years old. If you are looking for the adult 3D printing and modeling workshop, please click here.
What students will learn
- How 3D and 2D models differ, how to draw 3D images using isometric graphing paper, and how to build a simple prototype by hand based off of a 3D sketch
- How to use the 3D modelling software, TinkerCad, and how to transfer an idea of a 3D sketch into a computer generated 3D model
June 27- July 1 , 2022
5 classes, 10 hours
Fees and Enrolment
Upon registration, you will be asked to pay the full 160 USD to reserve your child’s place in the workshop.
Workshops have a maximum of 8 places. If the workshop is full, you will be refunded in full.
Once your space has been confirmed, if you need to cancel your registration for any reason, a refund will be provided if another student is able to fill the space.
All of our educators are fully vaccinated with boosters and wear masks during the workshops.
Courses are limited to maximum 8 students, students must wear masks and eat/drink outside when possible.
What students will do
- Students will participate in fun and engaging hands-on activities that facilitate student-driven learning of 3D modelling from conception to final product
- Students will design an object to solve a real-world problem and print their design on a 3D printer with plastic filament. Students will get to keep their object at the end of the workshop.
- Students will be guided in these workshops by two experienced STEAM professionals, Brittney and Dagan.
Snacks and water will be provided for students
This set of workshops will take place at Insight Co-Learning Center* in Durham, located adjacent to the Scrap Exchange Thrift Store.
*The Insight Co-Learning Center is a school that offers teens the opportunity to deeply explore who they are and who they want to become . Click below to learn more!
Still have questions? Contact us!